atom feed6 messages in org.apache.incubator.generalRe: [1 IPMC VOTE NEEDED] [VOTE] Relea...
FromSent OnAttachments
Franklin, Matthew B.Jan 12, 2012 6:16 am
ant elderJan 13, 2012 12:52 am
Franklin, Matthew B.Jan 13, 2012 5:32 am
Ate DoumaJan 14, 2012 2:20 pm
ant elderJan 17, 2012 1:41 am
Ate DoumaJan 17, 2012 4:30 am
Subject:Re: [1 IPMC VOTE NEEDED] [VOTE] Release Apache Rave 0.6-incubating
From:ant elder (ant.@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 17, 2012 1:41:07 am
List:org.apache.incubator.general

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Ate Douma <at@douma.nu> wrote:

On 01/13/2012 09:53 AM, ant elder wrote:

I've had a look, the only issue i see is I don't think the NOTICE file in the binary distribution is correct as it has many things which i expect are not required. When we last discussed this on general@ we said this is not strictly a blocking problem, so

+1

Thanks for the review and vote ant, much appreciated.

but i think you should do a complete review of whats in the NOTICE file with your mentors and remove everything which doesn't need to be there.

I'm curious what in your opinion doesn't need to be in the NOTICE file. I might have missed some recent discussions on this topic here, but AFAIK all those notices are required. Or did the guidelines really change dramatically recently?

See this email [1] for an answer to a similar question, also there is now a definition of required third party notices at [2].

In a nutshell, very few things actually require mention in the NOTICE file, and best not to unless there is a reason to.

...ant

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201111.mbox/%3CCAJO%2BUbvDfOib7FnQpJPtVcMJKDvBPRHpAG4%3DbEO3Vmy4w4reFA%40mail.gmail.com%3E [2] http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices